At Silver Oak Transportation, our clients travel a lot. Being your local transportation experts, we’ve compiled a list of some “short cuts” to help ease your travel stress, especially during the busy holiday season.
- Download GateGuru to alert you how long you may be stuck in security lines at the airport
- For Domestic travel, allow yourself to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of your flight; for International travel, allow 3 hours prior to departure.
- Airline baggage fees have changed on many of the top airlines this past year. JetBlue Airways increased their baggage fees from $5 to $30 for the first bag and to $40 for the second bag. Similar increases were seen for American, Delta, United and others
- Put your room number and hotel address in your phone, especially if you’re on a multi-leg trip. It’s easy to forget your room number.
- Be aware of the type of airline ticket you purchase. The “basic no frills economy” ticket is very restrictive and you won’t have an assigned seat until moments before boarding.
Wherever you travel, Silver Oak Transportation can manage your transportation needs, whether it’s in Hilton Head, Savannah or Bluffton or beyond.